This hair growth oil recipe is based on a Scottish study conducted for participants with alopecia areata. If you are looking for hair growth oil that works, try this.
The study didn’t find any significant adverse effects using this method. The researcher also noted that “Compared with other treatments, its safety is also greater.”
- Stimulate new hair growth
- Prevent hair loss
- Increase blood flow to the scalp
- 2 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 3 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops of Thyme essential oil
- 3 ml of Jojoba carrier oil
- 20 ml of Grapeseed carrier oil
This is the ratio used for the alopecia study, but it only makes a tiny amount. In order to use it consistently, multiply each amount by 10 at least and store in an area without direct sunlight.
- Mix all of the essential oils and carrier oils together in an amber glass bottle (preferably with a dropper like this one)
- Apply the hair growth oil mix to the entire scalp
- Massage it for 5-10 minutes
- (Optional) Wear a heat cap for full absorption of essential oil mix
- Leave it for 2-3 hours
- Rinse it well
Apply the oil mix every night for at least 3 months to see the results.