This recipe is from our hair loss success story series.
This particular story features a guy name Eric who successfully regrew his hair on the receding hairline temples, using two simple items – a derma roller and lavender oil. For him, the key to his hair regrowth success was the consistency.
He mentions that he religiously used derma rolling followed by topical oil application for 2 months. Looking at his before and after photos (and considering the short duration), it’s definitely worth trying if your hair is thinning at temples whether you are male or female
- Comb your hair
- Use a hairband to pull all your hair back
- Gently push the derma roller on the thinning spot
- Start rolling the derma roller on the area front to back
- Change the direction to side to side (the area will be red, which indicates extra blood flow)
- Once finished using the derma roller, directly apply lavender oil onto the area
- Rub the oil into your scalp with fingertips using a circular motion for full absorption
- Leave it overnight
- Rinse it well next morning
Do it 5 days a week for 2 months to see new hair growth
Anything else to keep in mind?
Once a week (when he wasn’t derma rolling the thinning spot), he applied aloe vera (this is the brand he used) to moisturize and soothe the skin. He said this also helped him from any scarring issues.
Consider dilution: First, while he directly applied the lavender essential oil to the thinning area as well as receding hairline, the general recommendation is always to mix with carrier oils (this 3 sampler set includes 3 popular carrier oils – jojoba, almond, and avocado oils)
Occasional bleeding: Next, it’s normal to see occasional bleeding. Just don’t push it too hard to totally puncture your skin
Sanitize a dermal roller: After using the derma roller, either soak it in a hot water or alcohol to kill any bacterial growth and prevent future skin infections