This is a perfect olive oil hair growth recipe by mixing 3 most powerful essential oils to awaken your hair follicles. When these essential oils are combined with olive oil, a very effective carrier oil for hair, you will get an additional benefit of a prolonged hair growth phase.
This olive oil hair treatment takes FULL advantage of a number of different essential oils that are proven to give amazing results for stopping hair loss and promoting hair regrowth:
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Olive oil (works as a powerful carrier oil)
We will make an essential/carrier oil mixture with a 5% dilution ratio:
- Get a pointy-tip applicator bottle like this
- Add the following amounts of each oil into the bottle:
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
- 10 drops of rosemary oil
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- 6 teaspoons (30ml) of olive oil
- Mix them well
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp at night
- Rub it with your fingers where hair thinning is visible (You can also do the entire scalp)
- Use a massager tool such as this to increase blood circulation on scalp
- Leave it for one hour. (Use a shower cap if you wish to leave it overnight)
Do it 5-6 times a day for at least one month
How long to see results?
Apply 6 days a week for several weeks to see results. According to a study on Peppermint essential oil, the researchers saw fast hair growth results in as little as 2 weeks in mice.
NOTE: Increase or decrease the amount of oil using the suggested 5% ratio. For instance, if you want to make twice more than what’s suggested here, you can use 10 drops of each essential oil (peppermint, rosemary, and lavender) and 6 teaspoons of olive oil.
Or refer to our essential oil dilution chart.