- Stimulate new hair growth
- Increase hair thickness
- Moisturize the scalp
- Prevent dandruff-related hair loss
This hair growth recipe is inspired by the Peppermint essential oil study used for stimulating hair regrowth. In this recipe, we chose a different carrier oil from jojoba oil (what the researchers used for the study), to coconut oil in order to get additional anti-inflammatory and follicle nourishing benefits.
Coconut oil is another popular essential oil used for nourishing hair follicles and fighting dandruff-related hair loss issues. Its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties ensure the healthy hair growth by providing an optimal scalp environment.
1. Use the peppermint oil and coconut oil mix using the following ratio (This will make 3% peppermint oil – the effective dosage for hair regrowth and follicle thickness)
- Peppermint oil : Coconut oil = 6 drops : 2 tsp
In other words, mix 6 drops of peppermint essential oil and 2 teaspoon of coconut oil together. Feel free to increase the amount as needed, but make sure to use the suggested ratio.
2. Apply the oil mixture to the thinning areas on your scalp.
3. Wrap your hair with a shower cap and leave it overnight
4. Shampoo your hair in the morning
Apply the mixture for 6 days a week for 4 weeks to see results.