- Stimulate hair regrowth
- Increase hair thickness
- Extend the hair growth phase
- Prevent hair loss
- Nourish follicles
This recipe combines 2 active hair growth essential oils with the proven results – peppermint oil and rosemary oil.
Both essential oils are backed by research studies for their hair growth promoting properties and hair loss prevention. While we recommend trying the original peppermint oil recipe first (Recipe #1 in this article), this is also a great option for those who are seeking to get multiple essential oil benefits for hair growth simultaneously.
1. Mix peppermint essential oil, rosemary essential oil, and castor oil with the following ratio:
- Peppermint oil : Rosemary oil : Castor oil = 9 drops : 9 drops : 4 tsp
Feel free to increase or decrease the mixture amount following the same ratio. For instance, if you want to double the peppermint essential oil to 18 drops, increase the rosemary oil to 18 drops and castor oil to be 8 teaspoons.
If you feel castor oil is too thick, feel free to replace it to other carrier oils such as coconut oil, argan oil, grapeseed oil, or jojoba oil (What the researchers from the peppermint hair growth study used as a carrier oil).
2. Apply the oil mixture to the thinning hair spots. If you have diffused thinning all over the scalp, apply it to the entire area.
3. Use a shower cap (or heated cap for 30 minutes) for maximum absorption and leave it overnight
4. Shampoo your hair in the morning
Apply the mixture for 6 days a week for 4 weeks to see results.